Sometimes I watch children playing with all sorts of toys, and I must admit that I get a little jealous. I wish I had all the toys they have growing up. And I don’t mean tablets and smartphones, I don’t regret not having those. But nowadays children play with dolls, and they talk back, some toys can be programmed to do a certain something, and usually, they are interactive. I was lucky if I had a doll that was whole.
Toys, just like anything else in this world, evolved a lot. Technological progress reached out to them as well, and children rarely lose interest anymore. I wouldn’t lose interest too if I had a toy that talked back to me when I asked how is the weather outside. Toys that are connected to the internet are no longer something new and never-seen-before. It’s very common. One of the things that captured my attention was this talking robot that expressed emotions, and I was completely fascinated by it. It’s just a robot for kids, but it’s amazing.
The benefits of a robot for kids
Children tend to learn a lot of things in the early years. They absorb all the information like a sponge. That is why I agree with a lot of people who say that allowing your child to watch too much TV, or playing on the computer too much can stop them from having a healthydevelopment. But a talking robot, on the other hand, can have a lot of healthy benefits for your child.
- It’s fun – let’s not forget why we buy toys for our children. An educative toy is always welcome, but the primary reason we buy toys is so that our children can have fun. They are kids, after all, and they need to take advantage of their childhood and have as much fun as possible. A robot is a perfect opportunity. It can walk, talk, sing, and dance. Your child will have a blast. He or she will not get bored with it anytime soon.
- It’s educative – now let’s get to the part where a robot is educative. I believe that a child can learn from a robot in more than one way. First, the robot and how it works can incite your kid to be curious. I have heard a lot of cases in which children that were only 10-year-olds would learnto program, assisted by adults, of course. They were curious to know why the robot does what it did when it was told. And that is how they started to learn about programming. They received visual feedback, and that helped them develop a skill. It may seem little to you, but that is how computer geniuses are made. From an early age. Secondly, I believe that emotional intelligence is equally important. There are robots that can express a vast variety of emotions, and your child can learn a great deal from it. It’s not something very complicated, the robot uses its eyes to mimic a certain feeling, like anger or excitement, but that is how your child can learn to read emotions on other people’s faces. It’s definitely not something to be overlooked.
- It can teach critical thinking – there is a simple question that kids put and parents sometimes get annoyed, mostly because they don’t know the answer. The question “How does it do that?” is one of the most important issues your child can ask. That is how you know that he or she wants to learn something in depth and the mind is set in a certain way. A robot for kids is the perfect way to see if your child is critical in his or her thinking or not.
- It makes the perfect gift – I have read countless reviews online with parents or grandparents that gave their children/grandchildren robots, and they went up and down with joy. Children see a lot of commercial on TV and, naturally, they want it too. Just imagine your kid’s joy when he unwraps the present and sees a robot. I know that it’s not the cheapest toy, but when you see that much happiness on your child’s face, you will forget everything about it.
What to consider when purchasing a robot for kids
Now, don’t you go online and buy the first robot you see. I know that a cheap version may appeal to you, but that is not always the smartest choice. There are a few things that you should look for, so you don’t spend money on a toy that lasts a few days, and you child is prevented from experiencing a lot of disappointment.
- Not all robots are for all ages, so make sure to follow the instructions on the box. If the box says that the robot inside is for an 8-year old, then don’t buy it for you 6-year-old. It’s not like your child is not going to have fun, but he will miss the whole point. As I said, robots are not just for playing. What is the point in spending 200$ on a toy that your child is unable to understand? You can buy a regular toy instead.
- The more features, the better – go for a product that walks (rolls), talks, or sings. Make sure to be as interactive as possible. Your child will have a lot of fun and will learn some things as well. It doesn’t matter that it’s a song, a poem, or how to recognize when the robot is angry. As long as the kid learns something while having fun, the purpose is met.
- Battery life – as one may expect, the battery life for a robot can’t be very long. That is because it does a lot of things and the battery is not very big. But that’s ok. It’s to be expected. However, go for a battery that lasts for at least an hour. Otherwise, your child will be very disappointed. Also, before making a purchase, see how the robot charges. Ideally, a wall adapter is a lot better than batteries. Nobody likes changing those. Plus, it’s moreexpensive to buy a bunch of batteries than to plug in the adapter to charge the robot.
These are just a few. Most robots have a lot of features, but I consider these three to be the most important.
What are the best robots for kids?
Buying the perfect robot for your child can be a confusing task. There are so many on the market, and you don’t even know where to start. Fortunately, the mighty internet can help you with that. Whenever I find something confusing to buy, I just read some online reviews and put my mind at ease. That way I can be sure that what I buy is worth it. It’s the same with robots. Here are a few examples that will make your job a little easier, and your child will be more than satisfied with your choice.
WowWeeMiP The Toy Robot
MiP was, and still is, a huge hit with children. It’s a very responsive robot that ensures hours and hours of fun. Give this to your kids or grandkids, and they will surely be occupied for a very long time. It has a lot of features and can be playedwith in a lot of different ways.
MiP responds very well to gestures like clapping, swipes, touches, and more. Your child can play in various ways with it, and it can even follow him or her around the house. It can be connected to other smart devices in your home. Just make sure to check the compatibility. It works with Android, Ipads, and Iphones, but older versions may not work. You can check online or visit the webpage to make sure.
MiP can also detect sounds and reacts to noise in its environment. It moves incredibly fast due to its dual-wheel balancing. It also comes with a tray that you have to plug in. A lot of adults make jokes about it, as in “can it pass the salt?” I agree that MiP is not fun just for kids, but they are the primary audience, so to speak.
The construction seems to be sturdy, although I would not recommend buying this for a 4-year-old. At such a small age the child cannot understand the purpose of the robot, and he or she may break it. The robot takes its power from 4 AAA batteries, but there is also a rechargeable version available exclusively on Amazon. I believe that it’s a perfect gift for your child.Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Wonder Workshop Dash Robot
This model is a lot different than the previous one, and I am not referring to design only. It is meant for children above 6 years old and is extremely responsive to the outside worlds. It can be controlled using a free app available for both Android and iOs. It comes with countless coding adventures and projects that can be found in Wonder and Blockly apps.
You can make Dash dance, light up, make sounds, avoid obstacles in its way, and it can even react to your child’s voice. It’s some sort of alternative to buying a pet because it will be a great sidekick for your kid. You don’t need an instructions manual because everything you need to know is presented in a series of tutorials that can be found in the Wonder and Blockly applications. You can teach your child how to program Dash from the very beginning.
Dash comes fully assembled and ready to play. It doesn’t work on batteries, so you don’t have to worry that you have to change them often. It comes it a USB charging cable and two Building Brick connectors. You can extend the play with LEGO and LEGO-compatible bricks.
Dash is among the best robots for kids. It has received numerous awards ever since it was released on the market. It is ideal if you want to make your child curious about programming. He or she can learn it in the most fun way possible. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Cozmo must be the smartest robot for kids I have ever seen, and I must admit that it’s not meant only for children, I think. It has a lot of fun games and reactions that will make you laugh. Unlike most robots, Cozmo expresses emotions in a way that you can understand. You can tell when it is angry, it is sad when loses a game, and it gets upset if you refuse to play. It is developed with the help on Artificial Intelligence and learns along the way. It develops a personality.
The fact that Cozmo expresses real emotions is something that amazes me. The technology is rather new. Cozmo was released in 2016, but it can actually respond to your gestures. It comes with 3 power cubes so that you can play together. It requires a free app compatible with your phone and tablet to access all the robotic functions that make Cozmo alive.
Since Cozmo is new, the manufacturer still develops new games and upgrades that you can enjoy. You can unlock new games along the way. What’s more is that for such a small robot, Cozmo is quite sturdy. Durability and security have been tested multiple times, which is why there are no issues. It comes with a charger, and get this, it charges in as little as 12 minutes. 12 minutes of charging can make Cozmo play for an hour or two. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
There is no doubt whatsoever regarding my decision. I will always love Cozmo. I think it’s the best robot for kids, but not only. Adults can enjoy Cozmo as well as children. It’s fun, it’s smart, and it has a personality. What more can you want from a tiny robot?
Robots are the toys of the future. Someday children will only play with them because it gives them the opportunity to have a lot of fun while learning something. Whether it’s to read emotions or to program, it doesn’t matter. Any toy that is also educative is an investment worth making. Click here to buy on Amazon
- Facts, Fiction and Programmable Robot Toy
- What Is So Fascinating About Cool Robot Toys?
- Where to Find Robot Making Kit
- The Most Forgotten Fact About Robot Toys for Toddlers Explained
- The Good, the Bad and Building Robots
- Why Almost Everything You’ve Learned About Programmable Robots for Kids Is Wrong and What You Should Know
- A Guide to Lego Robotics Kits
- Top Guide of Toy Robots for Sale
- Hearsay, Lies and Robot Toys 2015
- The Unadvertised Details Into Make a Robot That Some People Don’t Know About
- The Good, the Bad and Best Robot Toys
- All About Remote Control Robot
- A Deadly Mistake Uncovered on Robot Building Kit and How to Avoid It
- Here’s What I Know About Build a Robot Kit
- Productive Strategies for Programmable Robot You Can Use Starting Immediately
- Who Else Wants to Learn About Robot Toys for Kids? On-line toys can be returned if you’re dissatisfied with them
- How to Find Robot Kits on the Web
- Robot Kits for Kids: the Ultimate Convenience!
- The Start of Kids Robot
- A Review of Build a Robot
- The Supreme Strategy for Toy Robot
- The Secret Truth About Robot Toys Exposed
- Robots for Kids Exposed
- Ideas, Formulas and Shortcuts for Best Toy Robot
- The Talking Robot Toy Cover Up
- Purchasing Interactive Robot Toys
- Who Else Is Misleading Us About Robot Kids?
- New Article Reveals the Low Down on Toy Robots for Toddlers and Why You Must Take Action Today
- The Insider Secret on Programmable Robot Kits Uncovered
- The Supreme Approach to Toy Robots for Kids
- A Deadly Mistake Uncovered on Toddler Robot Toy and How to Avoid It
- The Key to Successful Kids Robot Toys
- The Nuiances of Robot Toys for Adults
- Unusual Article Uncovers the Deceptive Practices of Build Your Own Robot
- What Is So Fascinating About Robots for Children?